We gays love a lot of things: attention, gossip, wigs, synchronized choreography, reality tv, ponytails… the list goes on and on. But two things that rank high on that list is high-protein, low-fat meats like ground turkey… and balls. Honestly, how we haven’t had some sort of meat and/or ball recipe yet is absolutely inexcusable.
In the same vein as our turkey meatloaf, this meat mixture is amazeballs. See what we did there? We’ve tossed in a few more herbs and ingredients to whomp up the texture and flavor. These will quickly rise to the top of your “best balls I ever tasted” list in no time at all. Well, we’ll accept second best…
makes 20-24 meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (We used 93/7 fat content)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 4-ounce can chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well with your hands until combined. Form 1 ½” balls and place on an greased baking sheet about 1″ apart.
Place into preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until fully cooked. Then try not to shove them into your mouth two at a time.